My Promise ...

>> Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Habakkuk 2:
2) Then the Lord answered me and said:
"Write the Vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may
run who reads it.
3) For the vision (also translated promise) is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak; and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will
surely come, it will not tarry."
My husband and I have been promised a son from my own womb. Johnny and I have been married nearly 4 years and though we do not prevent pregnancy in any way we have yet to get pregnant. Johnny always wanted to wait 5 years while I wanted a child as soon as possible. So for him its okay that the Lord hasn't given the fulfillment of His promise yet, but for me, I can hardly wait another minute!
Our decision to trust in the Lord's will and not prevent or force pregnancy was rough at first. It was something I was strong on while Johnny... not so much! Over the first 6 months of marriage Johnny started to understand and see that trusting God didn't mean we would have a child right away... we would leave that decision up to God. This allowed our intimate life to be without stress or concern. We were free. Able to enjoy each other and love making would have no pressure. Even since we've both recognized that the promise is near, we still do not 'try' to make sure we get pregnant. We don't want it to ruin our intimacy or make it just a way to get pregnant, but keep it as the bond that draws us closer and together as one. I can't wait for it to result in a baby, but I know God's timing is impeccable. He is neither late nor early, but always on time!
"Lord I pray you will bring our son in your time and nothing
will hinder the blessing You have in store. I ask for patience and deepning intimacy as we
wait. May you teach us through this time of preparation to rely solely on you. You are good, no matter the pain of waiting... You Are
Always Good! - Amen."

2 comments:

TuTu's Bliss January 14, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

A start...www.rocksinmydryer.net or joining in on a blog like www.mycharmingkids.net Mom's join forces on both these blogs and I think you will enjoy them both. HUGS!!

TuTu's Bliss January 14, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

oops and another..
http://thesecretisinthesauce.blogspot.com/

(not just mom's, just a fun comment loving group)


JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP