Letting Go for Now

>> Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Today I had to do something my heart dreaded since the day I started. I had to step out of youth ministry. Often there is a reason of ill subject that one leaves ministry, but in this case I am simply being obedient to the Lord's leading.
You see, this is particularly difficult for me, as this is my hearts passion and the ministry I have identified myself with for 5 and half years. All of my adult life this far has been dedicated to the youth of Northwest Indiana. I think, in part, that the Lord needs me to pull away and focus on my marriage.
Just a few months ago the youth pastor I served under started pastoring his own church 3 hours from here. He was my mentor and a very good friend. Since he has left I have grown being forced to rely soley on the Lord. It has been good for me... and I know there is more to learn. It seems like my husband and I are being prepared for something. And this something will require a greater unity in our marriage.
This is difficult to see wholey without knowing me or my background or my husband... but that is ok. In time more blogs will paint a bigger picture.

0 comments:


JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP