I miss them . . .

>> Thursday, January 29, 2009

Well last night, through my tears, I told the teenagers that I would not be their youth leader anymore. They prayed for Johnny and I and it was great. I love hearing their hearts in prayer. They are a powerful group of young people. I can’t wait to see them all again and hug them longer than I’ve ever hugged them =) I already miss them and I haven’t even been away for a whole 24 hours yet.

Has anyone ever had to give something up that was so knit into your heart you thought it would break you? I’d like to hear some of your stories and how it worked out…

2 comments:

Ashley Smith January 30, 2009 at 7:33 AM  

At least you have good memories to cherish.

Ashley

Ann February 3, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

Summer,

I've had to leave youth ministry 3times for extended periods over the past 25 years - in two of those it was not my choice and in the third, I could not have continued without losing my self. I know how hard it is to say goodbye to the students, but know that God will continue to work in their lives, perhaps even through you in a less formal way.

Those whom who have been impacted by your life will remember your influence and will bless others by it.
Hang in there while you are in this new season of ministry.

Ann


JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP