Fire Proof My Marriage. . .

>> Monday, February 2, 2009

I have just started a new Book/Devotion/Challenge. Have any of you ever seen “Fire Proof”? It is an awesome movie that really puts marriage in perspective. My husband and I enjoyed it and also learned a whole lot. The movie features a couple with marital problems and the husband takes a dare from his father for 40 days to restore the marriage. It is in the form of a book, Love Dare, that gives you 40 daily challenges. I am currently on day two. It’s not hard - yet, but I have a feeling this isn’t going to be easy and I’m afraid its going to point out all of my shortcomings… but that is ok because I need to take a step back every so often and look at my marriage and the wife I am becoming. I think this is going to be a wonderful 40 day journey that will change me =) I’ll try to comment on the struggles and the blessings throughout these 40 days! I hope there is a new me at the end!

Yesterday’s Challenge: Patience/ Resolve to say nothing negative to your spouse.
Today’s Challenge: Kindness/ Do something unexpected for your spouse.

If anyone has done this, tell me what you learned and if it changed your marriage!

It would be nice to have someone to share with if anyone was planning on doing this any time soon!!! – I dare you to!

2 comments:

Megan February 5, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

I'm thinking about doing this, but I haven't gotten the book yet.

But here is a blog (and within this blog I believe there is a link to the love dare blog) that has a group of ladies that are going to do it, starting on Valentine's Day.

http://www.juststopscreaming.com/search/label/love%20dare

Check it out! =)

Megan February 5, 2009 at 1:17 AM  

Better yet, here's the direct link.

http://mylovedareblog.blogspot.com/


JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP