I like me.

>> Thursday, January 5, 2012

I was overcome with emotion the other night. Sometimes it paralizes me. Fleeting thoughts of not being good enough. Overwhelming feelings of worthlessness. One person could say something and I take it another way looking through my glasses of insecurity. I have been seeking the Lord and asking Him to help me see myself differently. I'm tired of being offended because I choose to let others opinions of me be more important than His or even my own. So as I laid in bed with my husbands arms wrapped around me, I had little comfort as my hands tingled and my chest felt heavy with hopelessness, tears in a steady stream down both cheeks... I went to the Lord with my heart and He asked me "Do you like you?" After I got everyone else's voices out of my head, I smiled and responded "Yes. I think I'm amazing. I like me. I'd love me, I'd seek out a friendship with me, I'd consider myself blessed to be married to me." All of a sudden it was as if I was free. I felt light and somehow, content with who I am. I like me. Its so simple, but took me so long to realize.

0 comments:


JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP