hold onto the memory

>> Friday, June 17, 2011

My perception entraps me,

Causes my emotions to engulf me

I know the truth

But cannot perceive hope

Lost in a maze of cloudiness haze

How will I ever find me

The real me

The summer who’s passion defined her

Who’s dreams were larger than life

Even the memories of that time

Cause a deep depression to set in

Bringing me to here again

Hopeless ramblings of an imperfect girl

Searching for meaning in all the brokenness

Striving for naught

As those things that once were vanished

Into thin air

Even though I’ll always blame a thief

Why couldn’t it be me

Why couldn’t I change the world

One person at a time

Only now, I’m struggling just to save myself

From this nothing trying to hold me

To keep me from my destiny

Please don’t let me die here

Like this

With no future, no recovery ending in bliss

Don’t let me lose me forever

If only this were just a test

A meaningful lesson

That will lead to a stronger, more capable success

Could I be?

I can only hold onto the memory

In hopes the visions I once saw

Would become a reality

0 comments:


JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP